525 West Chester Pike
View Premier Physical Therapy at Havertown in a larger map
Premier Physical & Occupational Therapy at Havertown
The Premier Orthopedics physical and occupational therapy clinic in Havertown, PA is a general orthopaedics facility, specializing in Workers comp, mva, sports injuries, athletic skill enhancement programs & joint replacement. We are located in a small setting which enables us to focus on individual patient care.
Our Special Services
- Functional Movement Screen – Our trained therapists, Kelly Spence, PT and Bridget McCormack, PT, perform FMS (Functional Movement Screen) screenings
- Occupational Therapy
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication – a system involving an evaluation and casting process performed by licensed physical therapists to create the most appropriate orthotic for your lifestyle.
- Athlete's Program
- Functional Capactiy Evaluations (Key Method)
- Graston Technique® - The Graston Technique is used to decrease pain and improve function following an injury or other debilitation. The Graston Technique is a remarkable procedure that allows your Physical Therapist to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These scar tissues and adhesions can reduce range of motion and cause pain. Graston Therapy uses stainless steel instruments and specific soft tissue mobilization that is combined with rehabilitative exercises to improve musculoskeletal function. The instruments help to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and/or ligaments that can reduce range of motion and cause pain. We encourage you to visit www.grastontechnique.com prior to your first treatment to familiarize yourself with the technique.
- Vestibular rehabilitation -Vestibular rehabilitation is a physical therapy program designed to overcome symptoms of vertigo, concussions, dizziness, lightheadedness, and imbalance . Vestibular rehabilitation aids in retraining the vestibular system to accommodate physical changes and to restore balance within the body.
Kelly Spence, PT
Physical Therapist, Clinic Manager
- Kelly received a Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology from Elizabethtown College in 2001 and a Master's degree in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in 2003.
- Kelly's background in physical therapy offers a wide variety of settings. She completed a clinical affiliation in burn/wound care in San Jose, CA and has worked in acute care, SNF (skilled nursing facility), rehab, and outpatient settings since graduation.
- Kelly joined Premier in September 2006 and became clinic manager in 2007. She enjoys working with all patient populations and takes pride in helping patients achieve their goals. She is also involved with Premier's Athlete Program. Kelly uses the Functional Movement Screen to assess the whole body for mobility/stability issues and develops an individualized program to allow the patient to correct imbalances and improve performance.
Jen Kirkland, OTR/LOccupational Therapist
- Jennifer has a Bachelors in Science in Occupational Therapy from Temple University. Since graduating in 1994 she has worked in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, and Cardiac Rehab. Jen has been specializing in Hand Therapy since 1999. She believes in a hands on approach to your care with emphasis on functional recovery. She has been with Premier since its inception in 2000.
Jaimie Colonna, PT, MPTPhysical Therapist
- Jaimie graduated from The University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1997 with a BS in Kinesiology and then from Touro College of Medicine in Bayshore, New York with her Masters in Physical Therapy in 2001. Jaimie started her career in Manhattan working for St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital in acute care, rehab and outpatient. While living in NY, Jaimie received her pilates certification from the Kane School of Core Integration.
- Jaimie moved to Pennsylvania in 2005 and worked in pediatrics at Easter Seals for 8 years. She has now returned to working in outpatient where she utilizes her knowledge of core stability, honing her manual skills to integrate a comprehensive approach to patient care. Jaimie spends most of her free time with her husband and 2 girls and enjoys walking her American Bulldog, Roxy.
Bridget McCormack, PTPhysical Therapist
Jesse Anderson, PT, DPTPhysical Therapist
Jesse graduated from Penn State University in 2006 with a BS in Kinesiology and received his DPT at The University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in 2011. Jesse was working at an outpatient PT facility in Philadelphia for 3 years before joining Premier in June of 2014. He has undergone continuing education with Kinesio-Taping and Graston Technique. Jesse became a Physical Therapist because he enjoys interacting with patients and helping them get back to an active lifestyle. He speaks conversational Spanish and French.
Michele Kikut, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant
Michele graduated from West Chester University in 1996 with a B.S. in Physical Education/Fitness Specialist. After working for 5 years in a medically based fitness program in an outpatient physical therapy clinic, Michele attended Harcum College’s Physical Therapy Assisstant program graduating with an associate degree in 2001.
Michele has been working as a PTA for Premier for over 10 years. Michele is certified in the Graston Technique and is also certified to administer Functional Capacity Evaluations using the Key Mehod for work related injuries.
Ron Goetsch, ATC, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant
Ron brings many years of experience to your care. His knowledge is derived from the education he received from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Harcum College. These were merely the springboard for the experience that followed and continues today. Ron had learned much from his time with The Philadelphia Eagle Football Club, several local educational institutions, and years working for a local Physiatrist, working his way up to manager. Ron also was appointed for 2 terms (8 years), as a member of the State Board of Physical Therapy. His treatment philosophy includes the use of The Selected Functional Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Screen, and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization utilizing The Graston Technique (M1, M2). Ron is a highly capable clinician that contributes to the ‘Team’ approach to your care that is employed by the Physical Therapy division of Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.