525 West Chester Pike
View Premier Physical Therapy at Havertown in a larger map
Physical and Occupational Therapy at Premier : Havertown
The Premier Orthopedics physical and occupational therapy clinic in Havertown, PA is a general orthopaedics facility, specializing in Workers comp, mva, sports injuries, athletic skill enhancement programs & joint replacement. We are located in a small setting which enables us to focus on individual patient care.
Our Special Services
- Functional Movement Screen – Our trained therapists, Kelly Spence, PT and Bridget McCormack, PT, perform FMS (Functional Movement Screen) screenings
- Occupational Therapy
- Custom Orthotic Fabrication – a system involving an evaluation and casting process performed by licensed physical therapists to create the most appropriate orthotic for your lifestyle.
- Athlete's Program
- Functional Capactiy Evaluations (Key Method)
- Graston Technique® - The Graston Technique is used to decrease pain and improve function following an injury or other debilitation. The Graston Technique is a remarkable procedure that allows your Physical Therapist to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These scar tissues and adhesions can reduce range of motion and cause pain. Graston Therapy uses stainless steel instruments and specific soft tissue mobilization that is combined with rehabilitative exercises to improve musculoskeletal function. The instruments help to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and/or ligaments that can reduce range of motion and cause pain. We encourage you to visit www.grastontechnique.com prior to your first treatment to familiarize yourself with the technique.
- Vestibular rehabilitation -Vestibular rehabilitation is a physical therapy program designed to overcome symptoms of vertigo, concussions, dizziness, lightheadedness, and imbalance . Vestibular rehabilitation aids in retraining the vestibular system to accommodate physical changes and to restore balance within the body.
Kelly Spence, PT
Physical Therapist, Clinic Manager
- Kelly received a Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology from Elizabethtown College in 2001 and a Master's degree in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in 2003.
- Kelly's background in physical therapy offers a wide variety of settings. She completed a clinical affiliation in burn/wound care in San Jose, CA and has worked in acute care, SNF (skilled nursing facility), rehab, and outpatient settings since graduation.
- Kelly joined Premier in September 2006 and became clinic manager in 2007. She enjoys working with all patient populations and takes pride in helping patients achieve their goals. She is also involved with Premier's Athlete Program. Kelly uses the Functional Movement Screen to assess the whole body for mobility/stability issues and develops an individualized program to allow the patient to correct imbalances and improve performance.
Jen Kirkland, OTR/LOccupational Therapist
- Jennifer has a Bachelors in Science in Occupational Therapy from Temple University. Since graduating in 1994 she has worked in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, and Cardiac Rehab. Jen has been specializing in Hand Therapy since 1999. She believes in a hands on approach to your care with emphasis on functional recovery. She has been with Premier since its inception in 2000.
Bridget McCormack, PTPhysical Therapist
- Bridget has been practicing Physical Therapy for 9 years. She received her undergraduate degree from Widener University in 2000. From there, she continued on to Thomas Jefferson University's Master's program. She received her Master's degree in 2003 and has been practicing outpatient orthopaedics ever since.
- Bridget joined Premier in 2006 and enjoys treating a wide range of patients. She utilizes manual techniques and the SFMA, Selective Functional Movement Assessment, to rehabilitate her patients to their full potential. She also participates in Premier's Athlete's Advantage program. Bridget uses the Functional Movement Screen and the Y balance test to assess the whole body for mobility/stability issues and develops an individualized program to allow the patient to correct imbalances and improve performance.
Catherine Rudolph, PT, O.C.S.Physical Therapist
- Catherine graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in Physical Therapy in June 2000. She received her Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (O.C.S) board certification in 2004.
- Although her career has been focused on orthopedic rehabilitation, she has also treated the geriatric population in the home care setting, assisted living facilities and adult day care centers. Catherine spent a brief period of time working with pediatric patients in the clinic, school setting and the child’s home.
- Catherine’s career focus includes treating athletic injuries, community outreach, community lectures, injury prevention, ergonomic desk/office set up, body mechanics training and custom orthotic fabrication. Catherine utilizes hands on skills as well as patient education to allow her patients to gain independence and obtain their highest functional ability.
- Prior to joining Premier, Catherine spent several years managing an outpatient clinic inside of a gym and sports club.
- Catherine has been a part of the Premier team since October 2007.
Maggie Faller, PT, DPTPhysical Therapist
- Maggie graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2009 and completed the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Drexel University in Philadelphia in 2012. Maggie’s clinical education included rotations in Outpatient Orthopedics in Ohio, Georgia, and Florida and Acute Care in New Jersey.
- Maggie joined Premier Orthopaedics in August 2012 and is working to find her niche within the Orthopedic realm. In the meantime, Maggie enjoys treating a wide variety of orthopedic conditions and honing her skills in manual therapy techniques and employing various philosophies for exercise prescription. Maggie is a preferred provider of the Graston Technique since completing the Module 1 training course.
Jaimie Colonna, PT, MPTPhysical Therapist
- Jaimie graduated from The University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1997 with a BS in Kinesiology and then from Touro College of Medicine in Bayshore, New York with her Masters in Physical Therapy in 2001. Jaimie started her career in Manhattan working for St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital in acute care, rehab and outpatient. While living in NY, Jaimie received her pilates certification from the Kane School of Core Integration.
- Jaimie moved to Pennsylvania in 2005 and worked in pediatrics at Easter Seals for 8 years. She has now returned to working in outpatient where she utilizes her knowledge of core stability, honing her manual skills to integrate a comprehensive approach to patient care. Jaimie spends most of her free time with her husband and 2 girls and enjoys walking her American Bulldog, Roxy.
Rebecca Gouldthread, MPTPhysical Therapist
- Becca Gouldthread graduated from Penn State University in 2008 with an Associates degree in physical therapy. She pursued a Bachelors' degree in Health Science and in 2012 graduated with a Masters' of Science in Physical Therapy from Misericordia University.
- Becca joined Premier Orthopeadics in 2013 and has worked in outpatient orthopedics, acute care, skilled nursing, and pediatrics. She has a special interest in spinal rehabilitation and is currently pursing a spinal specialty; McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment.
Michele Kikut, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant
Ron Goetsch, ATC, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant