525 West Chester Pike
View Premier Physical Therapy at Havertown in a larger map
Premier Physical & Occupational Therapy at Havertown
The Premier Orthopedics physical and occupational therapy clinic in Havertown, PA is a general orthopaedics facility, specializing in Workers comp, mva, sports injuries, athletic skill enhancement programs & joint replacement. We are located in a small setting which enables us to focus on individual patient care.
Our Special Services
- Functional Movement Screens (FMS) - A comprehensive screen comprised of 7 tests that capture and assess fundamental movements (balance, stability, mobility) and symmetry. Results of the test offer a guideline for corrective interventions that target the root of the problem and maximize physical performance. This can be utilized in the Premier Athlete Program
- Graston Technique® - The Graston Technique is used to decrease pain and improve function following an injury or other debilitation. The Graston Technique is a remarkable procedure that allows your Physical Therapist to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These scar tissues and adhesions can reduce range of motion and cause pain. Graston Therapy uses stainless steel instruments and specific soft tissue mobilization that is combined with rehabilitative exercises to improve musculoskeletal function. The instruments help to detect and treat areas of scar tissue or adhesions in muscles, tendons, and/or ligaments that can reduce range of motion and cause pain. We encourage you to visit www.grastontechnique.com prior to your first treatment to familiarize yourself with the technique.
- Kinesio Taping® Method - A taping technique designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process. It provides support and stability to the joints and muscles without restricting range of motion. It is used for multiple purposes including: decrease pain, facilitate lymphatic drainage, facilitate or inhibit muscles, and provide mechanical correction. It is latex free and may be worn for up to 3 days.
- Premier Athlete Program – An individualized sports specific program designed to utilize the knowledge of licensed physical therapists to optimize athletic performance, safety, and longevity.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) - A comprehensive assessment tool used to identify injury inducing movement patterns which provides the clinician with a road map for treating injury and dysfunction. This can be use with injured and well populations.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation -Vestibular rehabilitation is a physical therapy program designed to overcome symptoms of vertigo, concussions, dizziness, lightheadedness, and imbalance. Vestibular rehabilitation aids in retraining the vestibular system to accommodate physical changes and to restore balance within the body.(Key Method)
Kelly Spence, PT, MS, CKTP
Physical Therapist, Clinic Manager
- Kelly received a Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology from Elizabethtown College in 2001 and a Master's degree in Physical Therapy from Thomas Jefferson University in 2003. Her background in physical therapy offers a wide variety of settings. She completed a clinical affiliation in burn/wound care in San Jose, CA and has worked in acute care, SNF, rehab, and outpatient settings since graduation.
- Kelly joined Premier in September 2006 and became clinic manager in 2007. She has been a Regional Director for Premier Physical Therapy since 2013.
- Kelly believes in treating the whole person, not the injury. She uses a wide spectrum of treatment techniques including Myofascial Release, Graston Technique, Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), and Kinesiotaping to reduce pain, correct imbalances, and restore function. She is certified in Graston Technique and is a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP).
Jesse Anderson, PT, DPTPhysical Therapist
Jesse graduated from Penn State University in 2006 with a BS in Kinesiology and received his DPT at The University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in 2011. Jesse was working at an outpatient PT facility in Philadelphia for 3 years before joining Premier in June of 2014. He has undergone continuing education with Kinesio-Taping and Graston Technique. Jesse became a Physical Therapist because he enjoys interacting with patients and helping them get back to an active lifestyle. He speaks conversational Spanish and French.
Dana Cohan, PT, DPT
Jaimie Colonna, PT, MPTPhysical Therapist
- Jaimie graduated from The University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1997 with a BS in Kinesiology and then from Touro College of Medicine in Bayshore, New York with her Masters in Physical Therapy in 2001. Jaimie started her career in Manhattan working for St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital in acute care, rehab and outpatient. While living in NY, Jaimie received her pilates certification from the Kane School of Core Integration.
- Jaimie moved to Pennsylvania in 2005 and worked in pediatrics at Easter Seals for 8 years. She has now returned to working in outpatient where she utilizes her knowledge of core stability, honing her manual skills to integrate a comprehensive approach to patient care. Jaimie spends most of her free time with her husband and 2 girls and enjoys walking her American Bulldog, Roxy.
Jen Kirkland, OTR/L, CKTPOccupational Therapist
- Jennifer has a Bachelors in Science in Occupational Therapy from Temple University. Since graduating in 1994 she has worked in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, and Cardiac Rehab. Jen has been specializing in Hand Therapy since 1999. She believes in a hands on approach to your care with emphasis on functional recovery. She has been with Premier since its inception in 2000.
Ron Goetsch, ATC, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant
Ron brings many years of experience to your care. His knowledge is derived from the education he received from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Harcum College. These were merely the springboard for the experience that followed and continues today. Ron had learned much from his time with The Philadelphia Eagle Football Club, several local educational institutions, and years working for a local Physiatrist, working his way up to manager. Ron also was appointed for 2 terms (8 years), as a member of the State Board of Physical Therapy. His treatment philosophy includes the use of The Selected Functional Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Screen, and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization utilizing The Graston Technique (M1, M2). Ron is a highly capable clinician that contributes to the ‘Team’ approach to your care that is employed by the Physical Therapy division of Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Michele Kikut, PTAPhysical Therapy Assistant
Michele graduated from West Chester University in 1996 with a B.S. in Physical Education/Fitness Specialist. After working for 5 years in a medically based fitness program in an outpatient physical therapy clinic, Michele attended Harcum College’s Physical Therapy Assisstant program graduating with an associate degree in 2001.
Michele has been working as a PTA for Premier for over 10 years. Michele is certified in the Graston Technique and is also certified to administer Functional Capacity Evaluations using the Key Mehod for work related injuries.
Dana graduated from the University of Vermont in 2008 with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy. During graduate school, Dana did clinical affiliations at San Diego Childrens Hospital- outpatient clinic, a rehab hospital, as well as, in a burn/wound ICU during her acute care affiliation. Since graduating, Dana has worked in the acute care and outpatient settings working with all ages and a variety of orthopedic diagnosis'. She has specialty training in wound care and is trained in the McKenzie Method to treat the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. Dana treats each person as an individual and believes in patient education and active patient involvement to restore function and get patients back to their normal daily activities as quickly as possible. Dana is trained in the Graston Technique and she utilizes a strong emphasis on a variety of manual skills.